2008年12月16日星期二

My essay (1)

The temperature was neither too high nor too low, but what I breathed in was still the stuffy air. In a carriage of the power car, I kept sweeping every building outside through windows and concentrating on every word the conductor was announcing. When I got off the power car, however, I found that what I had done was futile. Standing on the wrong platform in the twilight, I felt the city huge but chilly, for I could not even feel my existence. After waiting for another 20 minutes, I got on the right power car. But when I passed through the gate of the wicket, and left the Shiroishi station, I got confused about which was the way to my dormitory. The sky turned somber; the cloud misted the vague moon, and the entire Sapporo city was gloomy. I was limp and weary, befogged in mind and fatigued in body. In the end, when I found the dormitory and entered my room, I burst to tears. Loneliness, unfamiliarity, fatigue and difficulty of integrating myself into the class, all of these just brought me back to the real world from the firstly excitement and freshness toward everything in a new country. It seemed that the whole world just came to the end. And what was worse was that, other exchange students like me were seemingly spending wonderful and full-of-new-friends time.

This is the first time I would live without almost all of the familiar people in another strange country. In fact, I had considered before that life in the first month might not be favorable, but I could not imagine how big the changes were. Everything was irregular and out of my control. Even if I told myself that all of these would be OK, I could not comfort my heart at all, for I did not know where my future was. But, the only thing I knew was that I had to change myself, for I had no capability to change the environment.

The first thing I did was writing emails to my cousin who had a job and one of my seniors who studied and lived in the same place as I. They told me this sentence, “you are feeling a tough life, but this is because you are progressing.”

Then I kept these words engraved in my mind, and I began to face everything de novo. For example, I started to compel myself to smile to classmates and insert words in their conversation. And I tried to do my best in basketball club and not skip training even if I got extremely exhausted in the evenings. In the dormitory, I visited the others to have fun. And I even chatted and played with them to 5 a.m. at weekend. Friends came to my room, too. At the same time, I attended every activity that I could participate in, such as speech contests, teaching classes to secondary school students about China and so on.

Simultaneously, I had never forgotten the importance of academics. Thanks to the customs of the dormitory, I could study till 11 p.m. in the cafeteria with others. And then, I came back to my room, continuing doing my assignments and materials till midnight.

Of course, there were a number of troubles and problems when I started to do all of these, such as unwilling to get up early in the morning or strong craving to lie down on the bed after a tough day. But I always recalled those words and then I got pleasure to compel my tired body to move.

So at last, I made it. I became an important part of the class, accomplished most of the activities, and I even changed to another more challenging club. But most important of all, although I do much more than I could in the first couples of days, I don’t feel the toughness of life any more. Instead, I can see my happiness and success after it. Then I feel great passion to achieve the end. And this is the most significant thing I learned from the dark days.

Thanks to my cousin and senior. Otherwise, I can never adhere to my plans. Thanks to those desperate days, or else I would not be who I am now.

没有评论:

网飞三体 第一季观后感

 之前看过b站的动画三体,然后是腾讯的三体剧,最后看的才是这个网飞的三体。 动画三体里面对角色外形之类的设定比较追随原著,剧情上面也还好,虽然我没看完。腾讯的三体剧我好像也没看完,但是观感就是除了大史跟想象不一样之外其他的内容比较忠于原著。但是由于审查限制,一到关于警察就神乎其神...